Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's official. According to a generally biased test, men are cleverer than women. Hooray!

A new study found that men on average has 4 more IQ points than women, and therefore theoretically much (ok maybe not that much) smarter. Hoooraaayy! As to what that really means I have no clue, but it should be good news all the same. Vindication! Revenge! Justice! I know those things do not relate anything to the study but the occassion called for it. :P

IQ in general is a test designed to measure general intelligence, or so the experts say. It is not a complete test of intelligence, but rather a measurement of some form of mental ability that can be expressed in numbers between 50 and 200. Further reading would show that the test is generally biased towards men, especially of European descent. The fact the men were proven smarter by the test performed by men is a testament in itself; alot of men, especially against women, could not pull things off even when things are so much in their favor.

Women, knowing that they can never top a biased test designed against them, created their own biased test: EQ, or emotional quotient, test. And in that test, men after men, were shown to be heartless bastards that they have always been. But that is for another tale.

But what does IQ measure, really? What is general intelligence? Does having more help you make better decisions in life? Does it make you more prudent? Does it make you a better person?

Tales of mad scientists, lonely inventors, and impoverished geniuses make me think twice about its over-hyped absolute importance. Savants graduating college at 14 and dying at 21 just ruined it for me.


When I was younger, I have always thought that women in general are stupid (ladies, please forgive me; I was young and stupid). In my little chinky eyes I saw a perspective that many do share, though later in life I would admit unabsolute. Girls,ladies, women: they cry all the time even when crying does no good. They believe almost anything you tell them (like ghosts eating you, when ghosts in fact never go hungry. Or that you love them, when in fact you just want them to no longer be angry at you); and they never learn their lesson as can be attested by countless of impregnated women left behind to fend for themselves (another proof I guess that men are more clever).

My view of course drastically changed. Paying for a mortgage of a home, the color of which you don't even have a say in, is pretty stupid for me. Saying it is all because of love, is sound even worse.

Not that I would not be all of that someday. Men in general love being stupid, or anything else, for love.

No comments: