Tuesday, July 18, 2006

To kill a mockingbird

(I am writing this article upon the vehement request of the lone member of my blog readership. Oist trish! Wala na akong utang sa iyo. Hehehe)

"Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird"

The blue jay is a very common bird, and is often perceived as a bully and a pest, whereas mockingbirds do nothing but "sing their hearts out for us"

--Wikipedia

The end.

.
.
.

Hehehe...kala ko makakalusot! (Heheheh...thought I can get away with it), Sige na nga! (Ok, fine, whatever!)


The "real" blog -- for reality is relative.

What kind of animal are you? I have been asked this amusing question once. As a guy I would have replied without thought "Walrus!". But I kept that to myself.

But come to think of it, people since time immemorial have been associating and comparing themselves to animals. There was a monk who considered himself to somewhat like an eagle, since he has such a strong grip. There was a farmer who thought he is similar to a monkey, because aside from looking like one he can climb trees very fast. Bruce Lee was associated with a dragon, Jacky Chan with a Snake, Jet Li with a Crane. Ok so my examples come from chinese martial arts movies, heheheh. But you have to admit, kung-fu movies with funny english dubs rock!

what kind of animal am I? Maybe I am a pig, because pigs are smart and sensitive creatures. Or a dog, because I am loyal, sophisticated, and besought by women (naks!). Or a horse, because of my long...and wide...view of the world. God I am such an animal.

But seriously, what kind of animal am I? This question came back to me, when this girl (she is single by the way and I have her number...the sister is mine :P) mentioned that she feels like she is a mockingbird.

Mockingbirds, for those such as myself who have not read the book To Kill a Mockingbird , are such innocent ang gentle creatures. People oppress them even though they do nothing but good. Sure. That's what the book says.

But really, doesn't anyone suspect the word "mocking" in mockingbird? How could such an abhorring name (OMG!) be given to such magnificent beings. Injustice! Conspiracy! Speciest! (well there's a word called "racist"). Sure. And then I saw this in my favorite encyclopedia:

Mockingbirds are a group of New World passerine birds best known for the habit of some species of mimicking the songs of other birds, often loudly and in rapid succession.

No wonder! They were mocking their fellow birds!

I feel sorry for my friend (who I repeat is single, come on guys!) for associating herself with such a desipicable creature. Mockingbirds should be killed! Every last one of them! Hehehehe...peace trish.

Besides, I think you're more of a dove. (bawi ba? :) )

No comments: